- antiviral, AZ vaccine, coronavirus, covid-19, inflammation, long COVID, monoclonal antibody, NYC wastewater, pandemic, SARS-CoV-2, thrombosis, vaccine, vaccine booster, variant of concern, viral, virology, virus, viruses, WHO report on COVID-19 origins
John, Monica, and Davida join TWiV to discuss development of a method to detect SARS-CoV-2 in raw sewage from all 14 of New York City’s treatment plants, and its use to determine the presence of the genome throughout the pandemic and detection... Read More | Share it now!
- coronavirus, covid-19, mutation, pandemic, SARS-CoV-2, spike protein, UK variant, viral, viral transmission, virology, virus, viruses
Vincent explains the properties of the SARS-CoV-2 UK variant and why claims that it is more transmissible are not supported by experimental data.
Become a patron of TWiV at microbe.tv/contribute
——————————— CONNECT... Read More | Share it now!
- coronavirus, covid-19, genome integration, mRNA vaccine, pandemic, reverse transcriptase, SARS-CoV-2, viral, virology, virus, viruses
TWiV explains that COVID-19 is not harmless for young adults, FAA approval for Pfizer mRNA vaccine, lack of justification for the claim of reverse transcription of SARS-CoV-2 RNA and integration into the human genome, and lack of evidence for... Read More | Share it now!
- antibody, at home diagnostic test, coronavirus, covid-19, lateral flow assay, pandemic, SARS-CoV-2, viral, virology, virus, viruses
Recently I had a false positive PCR result for SARS-CoV-2. To confirm that I was not infected, I did an assay for viral antibodies in my blood using a rapid, at home, lateral flow assay. In this video I explain how the assay works and what my results... Read More | Share it now!
- antibody, b cells, coronavirus, covid-19, immune memory, pandemic, SARS-CoV-2, t cells, viral, virology, virus, viruses
Daniel Griffin provides a clinical report on COVID-19, and Shane Crotty explains a study of antibodies, B cells and T cells in patients which suggests that immunological memory to SARS-CoV-2 might be long-lived.
Show notes at... Read More | Share it now!